As someone who grew up in Nigeria for half my life, I recognized the impact that nonprofits have on creating changes in places and people who otherwise would not have opportunities to thrive. My experience in the world of nonprofits started as a volunteer, utilizing my degrees in global health policy, this quickly grew into a passion. I saw a great need in Nigeria and I was determined to invest in doing my part to engineer lasting change.
I knew what I wanted to do and I knew who it would impact, I just didn’t know where or how to start. Today I have co-founded 2 nonprofits and I am a sitting board member of 3 additional nonprofits for the past 5 years. I know what the process is like first hand and I will help you create the structure you need to successfully establish the format and operate your nonprofit.
Creating a nonprofit might seem like a daunting task, however, with my guidance, I can give you the tools and direct you towards the personnel you need to have in place so that your nonprofit thrives. Let me help you take care of the business behind your entrepreneurial aspirations, and you focus on the passion-filled mission of changing the world for the greater good.
- Staffing needs (who is needed?)
- Establishing/revamping a nonprofit
- Bylaws, audits, and insurance – essential components?
- Strategic planning
- Running effective programming, evaluating results
- What is the role of the treasurer/accountant or the CFO?
- Organization of your financial statements. Which ones do you need?
- What is the role of your board and finance committee?
- Grant Writers
- Private Funding
- Local, State, Federal Funding